VTC-5005 Owner's Manual
The 5005 shared a very similar design to the VTC-5000.
Like the 5000, it was remarkably light weighing only 8 kgs
compared to 15.5 kgs for the Sony SL-C7. It also incorporated the latest
power-saving ICs which meant it consumed only 32W, compared to 45W for the SL-C7.
Sanyo also reduced the number of mechanical solenoids in this model to none.
Instead the loading motor carries out all the mechanical operations needed.
- Popular BETA recording format
- Three hours 35 minutes recording time with a compact L-830 cassette
- Built-in preset VHF and UHF tuner
- Programmable timer enables 1 unattended recording within 8 days
- Soft touch mechanism operation
- Digital tape counter with "0000" position memory
- Fast picture scanning, forward and reverse
Picture search and pause on the 5005 was black and white, without sound. The pause operation is automatically stopped after 5 minutes to avoid tape damage.
Thanks go to Llan Uriel & Brendan Coulson for the images.