Front right controls
SL-C40E brochure PDF
|The SL-C40 is a stereo version of the SL-C20
and SL-C30 models.
It had linear stereo and Beta noise reduction.
Other than this difference the SL-C40 was just like the SL-C20/30,
a stylish slim looking basic Betamax model.
These machines incorporated many features of the mechanism used in
the earlier SL-C9 albeit stripped down presumably to save on
Today these machines are beginning to show their
age, however they are well worth maintaining, as spare parts are still
- Stereo recording playback capability
- BNR Beta noise reduction
- High-speed Picture Search with Skip Scan Feature
- Easy-setting 7-day/2-event timer
- 12-pushbutton Express Tuning control panel for the channel of your choice with just a single touch
- Simple channel presetting with variable resistor controls
- Auto cassette eject when safety tab is missing from your cassette, to prevent accidental erasure of your recordings.
- Feather-touch controls with smooth precision operation
- Auto Rewind when end of tape is reached
- Front-mounted camera input jacks for connecting a video camera (with optional HVA-220EC AC Power Adaptor)
- 4-digit tape counter with reset button